During my years as a High School counselor I observed that each time one of my students returned from the Yale Young Global Scholars program they came back a positively changed person! Therefore, I continue to recommend YYGS to my students and families as one of the pre-college programs for students who want to get a taste for University life.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Meet peers from over 130 countries around the world (including all 50 U.S. states), and join discussions where students offer global perspectives.
- The program emphasizes an open, exploratory, and collaborative approach to learning designed to allow students to experience learning in a variety of different university contexts, from large lectures to small seminars, and even the spontaneous learning that happens in dining halls and around campus.
- Exploring Yale: participants live on campus, explore surrounding areas and take advantage of opportunities that the Yale community offers.
- Yale YGS provides over $3 million USD in need-based financial aid equally to both domestic and international students, offered as discounts covering up to 100% of tuition costs
- While YYGS is excited to host on-campus sessions, they will notify students by March 5, 2021, if that is not possible. More details are listed on our COVID-19 update page.
Learn more about the program
Download our Free Study Abroad Guide!